I was tagged a little while ago by new-pumpkin-spice-annearachne to do this thing, so here we go!
1. When falling asleep, I need to start on my right side, get super duper drowsy, and then roll over to my left side to actually sleep. Otherwise it just doesn’t happen.
2. I wrote a book one time, and one of these days (maybe over some break when I don’t have a million things to do for homework?) I’m going to do a massive overhaul of it, using everything I know now and didn’t know my junior year of high school.
3. I’m currently getting paid to be a TA, even though I barely remember any of the course material for the class and truly despised the class while in it. And actually, I’m not really even getting payed yet, because I have yet to be officially hired on the site where we enter our timesheet information, so THAT should probably get fixed soon…
4. I’m currently learning how to play the Irish flute and it’s REALLY rough right now and I have no time to practice, so maybe that’ll get better? Maybe not?
5. I sometimes go on rants about standardized testing and how terrible it is and how it really just shouldn’t be a thing and GOD I just really fucking hate standardized testing.
teachers who leave stray marks on the board when they’re erasing it are out of control and need to be stopped
(Source: oralympian, via rudebutstillginger)
BACK TO SCHOOL BUB
I LITERALLY THINK THIS EVERY TIME THE SONG COMES ON
(Source: ratladyme, via mickey-mikayla)
Tell me again why a women’s liberation movement is no longer needed.
Dear “I don’t need feminism” crowd…
“The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday stood by its ruling that a dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant because he found her too attractive and worried he would try to start an affair. Coming to the same conclusion as it did in December, the all-male court found that bosses can fire employees they see as threats to their marriages, even if the subordinates have not engaged in flirtatious or other inappropriate behavior. The court said such firings do not count as illegal sex discrimination because they are motivated by feelings, not gender." [x]
(Source: yoursocialconstructsareshowing, via bellacanyounotte)